Introduction of Family Planning Department
Family planning department is a comprehensive department with reproductive health as its main part, undertaking a clinic, scientific research and medical teaching tasks. As a technical guidance center for family planning in Zhejiang Province, it is one of the largest clinical medical departments in specialized hospitals in China, receiving more than 40,000 family planning outpatients every year. The family planning department includes family planning clinic, outpatient operation room and ward. The ward zone has 51 beds and covers an area of 1310 square meters. Our excellent medical team consists of 11 doctors, including one professor and doctoral supervisor, 6 doctors with associate-senior or senior titles. They master professional knowledge of family planning and various surgical treatment methods, including the most advanced ones in China. The department provides a variety of contraceptive services, such as artificial abortion, drug abortion, painless abortion, induced labor, placement and removal of intrauterine devices, subcutaneous implants, salpingoplasty and diagnosis and treatment of various family planning surgery complications and related complications.
2.Treatment & Service
(1) Provide a variety of contraceptive technical services, such as induced abortion, drug abortion, painless abortion, induced abortion, placement and removal of intrauterine devices, subcutaneous implant, salpingoplasty and diagnosis and treatment of various family planning surgery complications and related complications.
(2) Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, B-mode ultrasonography, nuclear magnetic resonance and uterine artery embolism are combined to diagnose and treat difficult and high-risk diseases of family planning, which greatly reduces the complications of operation.
(3) The application of microsurgical techniques to tubal anastomosis and plastic surgery, which enjoys high reputation in China.
(4) Individualized treatment of cesarean scar pregnancy, cervical pregnancy, cornual pregnancy.
(5) Continuous improvement of painless abortion, especially intravenous anesthesia abortion.
3. The Milestone of Expertise
(1) We conduct long-term research on intrauterine devices, contraceptives and various family planning operations (such as induced abortion, drug abortion, painless abortion, induced abortion, removal and placement of rings, subcutaneous implants, salpingoplasty, etc.) and prevention and treatment of complications after contraception, and actively carry out consultation on contraceptive knowledge. Various new contraceptive methods, such as new intrauterine devices and new oral contraceptives, are introduced to provide suitable contraceptive methods for women of childbearing age.
(2) We launched the first single abdominal tubal contraception in China, and successfully carry out microsurgical tubal anastomosis, endoscopic tubal anastomosis, and re-anastomosis for those who failed the first operation. The recanalization rate is nearly 100%, and the pregnancy rate is 88.5%, reaching the advanced level at home and abroad. In addition, we are the first in the province to carry out the transplantation of uterine horn of fallopian tube for infertility and proximal fallopian tube obstruction after drug occlusion.
(3) We are the first in Zhejiang Province to introduce drug abortion and B-ultrasound guided painless abortion, and constantly improve the technology to provide patients with various analgesic methods, including intravenous anesthesia, local anesthesia, sacral anesthesia, etc, reducing the occurrence of induced abortion syndrome and various complications after operation.
(4) Significant achievements have been made in the investigation of the causes of failure and abnormality of IUD, the study of side effects of drug abortion, and the development of new contraceptives, etc. The cases of failure in taking out intrauterine devices in external hospitals can generally be solved in our department.
(5) Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, B-ultrasound and uterine artery embolization are combined to diagnose and treat difficult and high-risk diseases of family planning, which has achieved good results.
4. Education & Training
Every year, we train more than 5 masters, doctors, and other high-level family planning professionals, and launch the national continuing education class of family planning.
Training base: Zhejiang Provincial Family Planning Technical Guidance Center.
It is responsible for the training of grass-roots family planning professionals in the province, which receives dozens of doctors for further education every year.
Family Planning Department is one of the key supporting subjects of medical science in Zhejiang Province, and as an important part of gynecology, it ranks among the national key clinical specialties. It participated in the key scientific research projects of the national Sixth Five-Year Plan, the Seventh Five-Year Plan, the Eighth Five-Year Plan, the Eleventh Five-Year Plan and the Twelfth Five-Year Plan, and won the National Science and Technology Progress Award for the study of IUD. “Study on the mechanism of abnormal uterine bleeding after misoprostol abortion with mifepristone” won the third prize of provincial scientific and technological progress and the first prize of provincial medical scientific and technological progress. It undertook many projects of National Natural Fund, Provincial Natural Fund and other departments and bureaus, and published dozens of SCI papers in the field of family planning. There are one vice-director of Family Planning Branch of the Chinese Medical Association, one member of the Youth Committee of the Chinese Medical Accounting and Family Planning Branch, one member of the vice-chairman of family planning and reproductive medicine in Zhejiang Province, and two members. Our department has participated in the edition of various national guidelines and monograph regarding family planning which are initiated by National Health Commission and other departments such as Operation Standards of Clinical Technology and Guidelines of Diagnosis and Treatment—Family Planning, Guidelines for Community Service of Compound Oral Contraceptives, Expert Consensus on Clinical Application of Subcutaneous Implantation Contraceptive Methods, Guidance on Diagnosis and Treatment of Cesarean Scar Pregnancy, Experts Consensus of Postpartum Contraceptive, Modern Family Planning. Research Direction
(1) Fertility regulation mechanism and reproductive physiology of maternal fetalInterface
Currently, there are many mechanisms concerning reproductive physiological regulation, especially those at the maternal-fetal interface, remaining to be clarified. This research focuses on the immune mechanism and regulation of maternal-fetal interface, the influence of different factors on endometrium during implantation, the mechanism of spermatogenesis, development and regulation, the molecular mechanism of fertilization and the mechanism of maternal-fetal dialogue during embryo implantation. The goal of the research is to discover more reproductive principles and mechanisms through the interpretation of the corresponding physiological mechanisms, and provide important theoretical basis and guidance for the development of effective and safe contraceptive technology and fundamental solutions to the problem of fertility control.
(2) Clinical and Laboratory Studies on New Contraceptive Tchnologies
The research focuses on the optimization and development of current mainstream contraceptive technologies, such as mifepristone (used as oral contraceptives, emergency contraceptives and induced abortion drugs), new oral contraceptives, new subcutaneous implants, intrauterine contraceptive system, surgical abortion, drug abortion, induced abortion analgesia and other commonly used contraceptive measures. At the same time, we pay attention to the contraceptive effect and safety, and carry out laboratory research on the mechanism of contraception and adverse reactions. Through relevant research, we hope to screen and develop safe, effective and appropriate contraceptive measures suitable for different groups of people in accordance with China’s national conditions, expand the connotation of high-quality contraceptive services, and improve the level of reproductive health services.
(3) Prevention and Treatment of Complications of Family Planning Operation
Safe use of fertility regulation measures is a vital part of reproductive health. This research focuses on the prevention and treatment of complications of various contraceptive operations, such as ectopic intrauterine device, intrauterine adhesion after surgical abortion, chronic abdominal pain after tubal ligation, etc. By carrying out clinical research, we hope to find effective comprehensive preventive measures, and apply minimally invasive technology to the treatment of related complications so as to maximize the protection of female fertility.
(4) Fertility maintenance and related diseases research
With the increasing rate of cesarean section and the implementation of the universal two-child policy in recent years, the incidence of cesarean scar pregnancy, a new disease seriously threatening women's reproductive health and even life, has risen sharply. The mission of this research is to conduct in-depth clinical and laboratory research on the pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of cesarean scar pregnancy, and to apply new technologies. Surgery and minimally invasive techniques, such as uterine artery embolization, hysteroscopy, laparoscopic surgery, etc., are expected to screen out a better treatment scheme to preserve the fertility function of patients. At the same time, we pay attention to the main diseases of female reproductive disorders, such as spontaneous abortion, as well as the related reproductive (endocrine or genetic) causes and pathology, so as to provide the basis for the active prevention and treatment of sexual reproductive disorders, and promote the reproductive health of both sexes and healthy offspring.
6.Locations & Contact
Location: 5th floor, 2nd Building, Family Planning ward; 5th floor, 1st Building, general, consultation and expert clinic; 6th floor, 1st Building, Specialist Clinic
Tel: (0571) 89992052