Introduction of Surgery Department
Surgical Department is established in 2012 and has developed into a well-known department step by step. At present, there are approximately 30 staff working in the department, including 13 specialists, which 4 with senior professional positions, 5 have MD degrees and 7 have MS degrees. Nearly 30% of faculties have oversea training or working experience in internationally renowned hospitals.
The department includes inpatient ward, outpatient clinic (general surgical clinic, feature clinic and specialtyclinic) and breast disease treatment center, which mainly engaged in thediagnosis and treatment of breast diseases,it offers 50 beds in the inpatient ward, discharges 5,000 patients and achieves a maximum of 65,000 outpatient visits on yearly average.
2.Treatment & Service
Our comprehensive surgerical services include:
- Breast diseases: we focus on all kinds of breast diseases. The diagnosis and treatment of hyperplasia, cysts, nipple discharge,benign or malignant tumors are carried out routinely.
- General surgical diseases: gastrointestinal surgical diseases(ie, stomach cancer , various intestinal tumors, etc.), gallstones (laparoscopic cholecystectomy ), retroperitoneal tumors , all kinds of hernia and Thyroid diseases are treated in the department.
- Gynecology and obstetrics combined with surgical complications: diseases such as intra-abdominal adhesions, pregnancy complicated with acute appendicitis, cholecystitis, ventral hernia and acute intestinal obstruction are assisted in the treatment.
3.The Milestone of Expertise
The breast disease clinic center has various advanced medical facilities, such as colour ultrasonography, stereotactic digital mammography,magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) apparatus, axillary sentinel node fluorescence imaging device and vacuum-assisted minimally invasive breast lesions biopsy system, these provide patients with high quality imaging examination and advancedmedical services.
- It performs more than 2,000 surgeries annually, which including nearly 400 breast cancer operations and more than 500 vacuum-assisted minimally invasive resection of complex breast lesions. Ultrasound-guided minimal invasive excision of suspicious multiple and non-palpable breast lesions as well as comestic effect is the strength of the department, which also significantly increased the positive rate of precancerous lesions such as atypical hyperplasia of the breast and stage I invasive breast cancer.
- Routinely carries out breast-conserving surgery，sentinel lymph node biopsy， mastectomy，axillary dissection and breast reconstruction as options suitable for breast cancer patients.
- It is a national training base for breast cancer screening in rural areas.
4.Education & Training
It is a national training base for breast cancer screening in rural areas, and routinely holds training courses on advanced medical technology every year.
As one of the remote network centers for multi-disciplinary treatment (MDT) team of breast cancer in Zhejiang province, It also regularly holds discussion on complicated cases, making a contribution to the standardized diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer and promoting the clinical practice to the team
- National training base for breast cancer screening in rural areas
- The remote network centers for MDT team of breast cancer in Zhejiang province
The department puts emphasis on advancing all aspects of breast diseases care, including the whole-course comprehensive management of malignancy, minimal invasive excision operation and breast plastic surgery.
The department proposes to consider the treatment as a integralof curative effect, function and aesthetics. Ultrasound-guided minimal invasive excision of breast lesions as well as comestic effect is the strength of the department. It also has experience in breast plastic surgery, such as nipple invagination correction, breast reconstruction after mastectomy ,reduction mammaplasty surgery, and so on.It can provide standardized treatment such as neo-adjuvant chemotherapy, adjuvant chemotherapy, endocrinotherapy, targeted therapy of breast cancer, and engaged in the research of reproduction after breast cancer.
The research work in this department has been being supported by the National Natural Science Funds and the provincial and departmental Funds, and has published several articles of high impact factors on professional magazines. It also has established a good collaboration with a number of domestic and provincial first-class laboratories.
The department is a membership of many academic communities, such asChinese Maternal and Child Health Association , Chinese Medical Doctor Association, Chinese Pharmaceutical Education Association, The Institute of Preventive Medicine of Zhejiang Province, and so on.
7.Locations & Contact
Clinic area：2 floor, Outpatient Building. The outpatient clinic opens from Monday to Saturday.
Ward：9 floor, No. 2 Inpatient Building