Introduction of Gynecology Unit 1
1. About Us
Gynecology Unit 1 of Women’s Hospital, with 51 beds, is a pioneer of gynecologic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in the Zhejiang Province. Our excellent faculty members, with total number of more than 30, are renowned for their expertise in providing advanced health care for women..
- Aim to enhance service quality;
- Focus on the cultivation the team spirit;
- Strive for the National Youth Civilization;
- Make greater efforts on building brand of administration, service and technology.
- Minimally invasive surgery continues to transform the field of gynecologic therapy and has now become the trend of care for many early-stage malignancies. The proven benefits of minimally invasive surgery are driving the introduction and dissemination of novel technologies and improving the skill of performing even the most complex procedures less invasively. In recent years, we’ve made great efforts on traditional multiport laparoscopy (MPL), as well as laparoendoscopic single-site surgery(LESS), with a specific focus on their role in the treatment of gynecologic diseases. LESS, also known as single-port laparoscopy, has emerged as a viable alternative to traditional MPL. The proposed benefits of LESS include less surgical trauma enhanced cosmesis, less pain, and less incisional morbidity.
- Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) is an evidence-based approach to perioperative care of the surgical patient. It is well acknowledged that ERAS improves postoperative outcomes, shortens length of hospital stay, and reduces cost because of no increasing complications or readmissions. We’ve developed a perfect combination of ERAS and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, and we find that ERAS pathways decreased length of stay and increased the proportion of same-day discharge surgeries, improved patient satisfaction, and reduced hospital costs while maintaining low postoperative complication and readmission rates.
- The genetic and immunologic mechanism of endometriosis;
- The pathogenesis of the recurrence of endometriosis;
- The epidemiology of cesarean scar defect or diverticulum (CSD);
- The application of the endoscopic surgery to gynecological disease.
2. Treatment & Service
Our comprehensive medical services include:
- General Gynecology. We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment of common gynecologic disease as well as routine and special gynecologic care to improve women’s health.
- Minimally invasive surgery. We provide minimally invasive approaches from common gynecologic problems to gynecologic malignance. Laparoscopic surgery is used for many procedures that traditionally performed via laparotomy, with the potential advantages of shorter operative time, smaller scars, faster recovery, decreased adhesion formation and less cost.
- Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS). Our ERAS programs combine evidence-based elements of care during the pre-, intra-, and postoperative experiences to decrease physiological stress and organ dysfunction, and thus, enable patients to recover more quickly than classical surgical care.
- “Convenient, heartwarming, satisfying” nurse service. The nursing team makes efforts to deliver “convenient, heartwarming, satisfying” nurse service by setting up a practical scientific and highly efficient work pattern and meeting partients’ requirements. The service concept, attitude and skill have received good response fromthe patients and family members.
Dr. Xu was operating the radical laparoscopic surgery for the patient.
Dr. Lin was operating the laparoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) for the patient.
3. The Milestone of Expertise
Gynecology Unit One is adept at minimally invasive surgery. Up to 90% of the operations are done by minimal invasion，which holds the national leading position. Besides the diagnosis and treatment of the common gynecologic disease, we also lead the way in the quantity of Grade 4 endoscopic procedures, such as combined hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, combined hysteroscopy and laparoscopy in correctional therapy of malformation of internal genital organs, the radical laparoscopic surgery of cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, early stage ovarian cancer, hysteroscopic operation of severe intrauterine adhesions, hysteroscopy of type II submucous myomectomy, etc. Moreover, some advanced endoscopies, like laparoscopic single-site surgery (LESS), 3D-laparoscpy have been primarily promoted and developed.
4. Education & Training
- Workshop for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
Trainee: junior residents, advanced training gynecologists.
- National Standardized Residents Training program
Trainee: Standardized training residents.
Researchers in Gynecology Unit One are dedicated to many aspects of general gynecology, including endometriosis, uterine fibroids, epidemiology. Our primary research area is the application of the endoscopic surgery to gynecological disease.
In recent years, we’ve achieved 8 State Natural Science Fund projects, and more than 20 other projects of national or provincial level. The scientific research “the expression and clinical significance of IL in endometriosis” was nominated National Science & Technology Progress Award (second class) by the Education Ministry in 2007. The project “The pathogenesis, carcinogenesis and clinical characteristics of endometriosis” was rewarded the Zhejiang province science and technology prize (second class) in 2005, and The Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award (third class). Other achievements including 2 third prizes by the Education Ministry, 3 provincial science and technology progress third prizes, an excellence award, a medical technology first prize and 2 second prizes by Health Department. The copyright of computer software issued by national copyright administration was obtained. More than 100 papers were published, and over 20 of which were included in SCI. More 10 professional books and over 2 million characters about gynecology were edited in chief or co-edited.
6. Others (Honors)
Awarded the Provincial “Youth Civilization” by health department in 1999; awarded the hospital “Youth Civilization” in 2001; granted the national “Youth Civilization” by ministry of health in 2003; awarded “achievement award of 10 years Youth Civilization in Zhejiang Province” in 2004; awarded “female pacesetter of achievement in Zhejiang Province” in 2005; granted the “national pioneer worker”, “national 5.1. female pacesetter” by the ACFTU in 2011.
7. Locations & Contact
Specialist clinic: Dr. Xu Kaihong (Mon pm, Thu am to pm, 6th floor, 1st Building);
Dr. Lin Kaiqing (Thu am to pm, ,6th floor, 1st Building)
Hysteroscopy clinic: Wed pm, 5th floor, 1st Building
Ward：10th floor, 2nd Building
Phone: 0571-89992102 (nurses station), 0571-89992105 (doctors’ office)