Introduction of Obstetrics Unit 7
1. About Us
Obstetrics Unit 7 is committed to providing treatment of pregnancy associated with hepatic disease pregnancy associated with hepatic disease in domestic women healthcare institutes. There are 67 beds available in all and the number of annual inpatients exceeds 3800. We have accumulated rich clinical experience and built up a mature set of diagnosis and treatment plans for patients such as the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B virus and treatment plan for pregnant women with liver diseases (especially intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy, ICP).
- Management of Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy
- Preventing Maternal-Infant Transmission of Hepatitis B Virus(HBV)
- Prenatal Diagnosis of Fetal Disease
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Obstetrical complications
2. Treatment & Service
Our comprehensive pregnancy services include:
·General Obstetrics provides comprehensive prenatal services and delivery for mothers and babies as well as routine and special gynecologic care
·High-Risk Obstetrics provides advanced, multidisciplinary care for women who are identified with complications prior to or during pregnancy.
·Prevention Maternal-Infant Transmission of HBV: provides advanced assessment and treatment for pregnant women infected by HBV, interrupts mother-to-child transmission of HBV effectively and instructs breast-feeding.
·Management of ICP provides appropriate and individualized treatment for ICP patients to achieve satisfactory maternal and neonatal outcomes.
3. The Milestone of Expertise
Our milestones of expertise include:
- Our team is a national leader in advancing as management of ICP. For ICP patients, especially severe ones, with close monitoring and positive management, the termination of gestational weeks approaches to full-term, and good prenatal outcomes are achieved.
- The effect of preventing mother-to-child transmission of HBV is satisfactory. The follow-ups showed that we reached low rate of mother-to-child transmission of HBV.
4. Education & Training
As a national-leading specialist training base, we provide a broad range of trainings in comprehensive maternity health care, and highly praised by residents. We also assist and host the national and provincial programs for continuing education every year. Each year, about fifteen residents and fourteen refresher doctors in obstetrics and gynecology are trained in our department.
Our goal is to improve students’ the skills so that they can handle the challenges in their future career.
- The Safety of the Offspring of the Women Taking Nucleoside Analogues During Pregnancy
- The Factors Affecting Mother-to-child Transmission of HBV
The chief and members of the department published many academic papers in the journals such as Clinca Chimica Acta, Microbial Pathogenesis and so on. We also participated in writing monographs, for instance "High Risk Pregnancy", "Easy to be a mother" and "Vulvovaginal disease", and received many honors from ministry and province.
7. Locations & Contact
Clinic area：Room 218, 2nd floor, Building 3
Ward：11th floor, Building 3Phone: 0571-89992270