Professor Charles Chapron is vice dean and professor of the Faculty of Medicine at the Paris Descartes University. He is also Head of the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology II and Reproductive Medicine at Cochin University Hospital (Paris, France) in 2005. He authored and co-authored about 402 peer-reviewed papers in international (283 publications) and in national (119 publications) scientific journals concerning surgical laparoscopy in gynecology, reproductive medicine and endometriosis. Publications were cited more than 20 296 times and his H-factor is 77. Professor Chapron has performed more than 900 scientific presentations in international and in national meetings. He is the coordinator of 12 scientific books and the author of more than 80 chapters in other scientific books. He is Member of several national and international Societies and is reviewer for a number of journals.
Over the last twenty years, Professor Chapron has worked intensively in Port-Royal University Clinic, Cochin University Hospital, together with a highly specialized team in endoscopic surgery. The two main research activities were the following: 1) Research (clinical and science) on pathogenesis, assessment and management (medical and/or surgical) of endometriosis; 2) Clinical research on gynecologic operative laparoscopy (ectopic pregnancy, hysterectomy, myomectomy, complications of gynecologic surgery, …)
In May 2019, Professor Charles Chapron was appointed as guest professor of Zhejiang University
- Bourdon M, Santulli P, Chouzenoux S, Maignien C, Bailly K, Andrieu M, Millischer AE, Doridot L, Marcellin L, Batteux F, Chapron C. The Disease Phenotype of Adenomyosis-Affected Women Correlates With Specific Serum Cytokine Profiles. Reprod Sci. 2019 Feb;26(2):198-206.
- Bourdon M, Santulli P, Kefelian F, Vienet-Legue L, Maignien C, Pocate-Cheriet K, de Mouzon J, Marcellin L, Chapron C. Prolonged estrogen (E2) treatment prior to frozen-blastocyst transfer decreases the live birth rate. Hum Reprod. 2018 May 1;33(5):905-913.
- Marcellin L, Santulli P, Bortolato S, Morin C, Millischer AE, Borghese B, Chapron C. Anterior Focal Adenomyosis and Bladder Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis: Is There a Link? J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018 Jul - Aug;25(5):896-901.
- Santulli P, Collinet P, Fritel X, Canis M, d'Argent EM, Chauffour C, Cohen J, Pouly JL, Boujenah J, Poncelet C, Decanter C, Borghese B, Chapron C. [Management of assisted reproductive technology (ART) in case of endometriosis related infertility: CNGOF-HAS Endometriosis Guidelines].Gynecol Obstet Fertil Senol. 2018 Mar;46(3):373-375.
- Riccio LDGC, Santulli P, Marcellin L, Abrão MS, Batteux F, Chapron C. Immunology of endometriosis. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2018 Jul;50:39-49.
- Borghese B, Santulli P, Marcellin L, Chapron C. [Definition, description, clinicopathological features, pathogenesis and natural history of endometriosis: CNGOF-HAS Endometriosis Guidelines]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil Senol. 2018 Mar;46(3):156-167.
- Bourdon M, Raad J, Dahan Y, Marcellin L, Maignien C, Even M, Pocate-Cheriet K, Lamau MC, Santulli P, Chapron C. Endometriosis and ART: A prior history of surgery for OMA is associated with a poor ovarian response to hyperstimulation. PLoS One. 2018 Aug 20;13(8):e0202399.
- Bourdon M, Santulli P, Maignien C, Gayet V, Pocate-Cheriet K, Marcellin L, Chapron C. The deferred embryo transfer strategy improves cumulative pregnancy rates in endometriosis-related infertility: A retrospective matched cohort study. PLoS One. 2018;13(4):e0194800.
- Bourdon M, Santulli P, Maignien C, Pocate-Cheriet K, Alwohaibi A, Marcellin L, Blais S, Chapron C. The interval between oocyte retrieval and frozen-thawed blastocyst transfer does not affect the live birth rate and obstetrical outcomes. PLoS One. 2018 Oct 19;13(10):e0206067.
- 10.Bourdon M, Santulli P, Chen Y, Patrat C, Pocate-Cheriet K, Maignien C, Marcellin L, Chapron C. The Deferred Embryo Transfer Strategy Seems Not to be a Good Option After Repeated IVF/ICSI Cycle Failures. Reprod Sci. 2018 Nov 20:1933719118811648. doi: 10.1177/1933719118811648. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dai Y, Zhou Y, Zhang X, Xue M, Sun P, Leng J, Chapron C. Factors associated with deep infiltrating endometriosis versus ovarian endometrioma in China: a subgroup analysis from the FEELING study. BMC Womens Health. 2018 Dec 22;18(1):205.
- 12.Chapron C, Tosti C, Marcellin L, Bourdon M, Lafay-Pillet MC, Millischer AE, Streuli I, Borghese B, Petraglia F, Santulli P. Relationship between the magnetic resonance imaging appearance of adenomyosis and endometriosis phenotypes. Hum Reprod. 2017 Jul 1;32(7):1393-1401.
- 13.Bourdon M, Santulli P, Gayet V, Maignien C, Marcellin L, Pocate-Cheriet K, Chapron C. ssisted reproduction technique outcomes for fresh versus deferred cryopreserved day-2 embryo transfer: a retrospective matched cohort study. Reprod Biomed Online. 2017 Mar; 34(3):248-257.
- 14.Bourdon M, Santulli P, de Ziegler D, Gayet V, Maignien C, Marcellin L, Chapron C. Does GnRH Agonist Triggering Control Painful Symptom Scores During Assisted Reproductive Technology? A Retrospective Study. Reprod Sci. 2017 Sep;24(9):1325-1333.
- 15.Maignien C, Santulli P, Gayet V, Lafay-Pillet MC, Korb D, Bourdon M, Marcellin L, de Ziegler D, Chapron C. Prognostic factors for assisted reproductive technology in women with endometriosis-related infertility. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017 Mar;216(3):280.e1-280.e9.
- 16.Marcellin L, Morin C, Santulli P, Marzouk P, Bourret A, Dousset B, Borghese B, Chapron C. History of Uterine Surgery Is Not Associated With an Increased Severity of Bladder Deep Endometriosis. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2016 Nov - Dec; 23(7):1130-1137.
- 17.Thubert T, Foulot H, Vinchant M, Santulli P, Marzouk P, Borghese B, Chapron C. Surgical treatment: Myomectomy and hysterectomy; Endoscopy: A major advancement. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2016 Jul; 34:104-21.
- 18.Chapron C, Lang JH, Leng JH, Zhou Y, Zhang X, Xue M, Popov A, Romanov V, Maisonobe P, Cabri P. Factors and Regional Differences Associated with Endometriosis: A Multi-Country, Case-Control Study. Adv Ther. 2016Aug; 33(8):1385-407.
- 19.Santulli P, Lamau MC, Marcellin L, Gayet V, Marzouk P, Borghese B, Lafay Pillet MC, Chapron C. Endometriosis-related infertility: ovarian endometrioma per se is not associated with presentation for infertility. Hum Reprod. 2016 Aug; 31(8):1765-75.
- 20.Santulli P, Marcellin L, Menard S, Thubert T, Khoshnood B, Gayet V, Goffinet F, Ancel PY, Chapron C. Increased rate of spontaneous miscarriages in endometriosis-affected women. Hum Reprod. 2016 May;31(5):1014-23.
- 21.Santulli P, Bourdon M, Presse M, Gayet V, Marcellin L, Prunet C, de Ziegler D, Chapron C. Endometriosis-related infertility: assisted reproductive technology has no adverse impact on pain or quality-of-life scores. Fertil Steril. 2016 Apr;105(4):978-987.e4.